Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saddle that horse

This week has been one of challenges for many of my friends of faith. Attacks. Feeling lonely and invisible. Feeling like there is too much to do and too little of us to do it.  Originally this was a comment on a post, but after a few messages about it I decided to make it a post of its own.  Be encouraged children of the Risen Lord. You are never alone. Never unseen. And never without His love.  And while it was written to a sister in Christ, it applies equally to you my brothers in Christ as well.
If we were face to face I would hold you by the shoulders. I would tell you this simple truth: you are not alone. Your absence is noted, and prayed upon. Your struggles make you one of us, women who keep trying. My husband says it makes us special when we aren't quitters.
You know lonely. So do I. You know feeling unheard. (When do we finally get the Audience of One lesson, instead of fretting over the Audience of None or the No One Saw Me Gone?) When doesn't 300 hits and no comments not hurt? Never I think because it isn't about THAT is it? It’s about HIM. And us. And us and Him.


Your ministry, your voice, is in a place of struggle right now. I see that. I hear that. It hurts my heart, and drives me to prayer. I wish, oh how I wish, we could talk for real. I have so much to say that typing and texting cannot express well. But what it boils down to is this:
Saddle that horse girl – you are riding for Him anyway.
Ride with the bunch, or ride alone – you are riding for Him no matter what.
The horse will walk or buck – it doesn't matter which, how you ride does. 
Get back on and ride. Don’t worry if someone is following. Or if they are impressed. Don’t worry if they want to argue. Let them argue alone, it is on them. Not you.
The more they want to fight you, to argue, to make you question what you are doing the more you know you are doing something right. And you are being attacked for it.
You are not alone. You are NEVER alone. Reach out, and even if you think no one notices at least One always notices, and He sends the saints to prayer, and the angels to comfort you and the Holy Spirit to minister to you.
Joshua 1:9
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Be bold beautiful, be bold!

2 comments:

  1. Man, was that written for me? Hit. The. Nail. On. The. Head. There has been so much going on. SO much yuck. It's exhausting more than usual some weeks. Thank you for the encouragement, sister. I NEEDED it. We need each other during these days and weeks when things just seem too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to you girl, and prayers too! :-) Bless you...and rest girl, let God fill you up. Message me if you need anything!

      Delete