Thursday, April 28, 2011

If I Knew I Could, I Would...

The Gypsy Mama challenges us for a five minute writing spree...this is what my fingers came up with...

If I knew I could, I would...
Figure out the middle and end of my novel.  I would keep writing poetry and get my second book done.  I'd design and promote that idea I have.  I would reach out and grab the hand of my angel and test my flight plan.  I would find a way to really make a difference and be the prayerful Mama I wish and pray to be.

I would add more items to my list of 1000 things I'm grateful for...and I'd find a way to press in some yellow flowers from my sweet boy.

If I knew I could, I would...tell those I care about the things that hurt me and ask them without fear to understand why they need to stop gossiping, judging, swearing and hurting.

If I knew I could, I would...move to the ocean or the mountains for a while anyway and if I knew I could, I would catch up on those pages and print those photos and I would laugh a bit more wildly.

If I knew I could, I would...find something to say with only two minutes out of five left that is profound, moving and could make a difference to someone. But with less than a minute left I'm a tired, inspired, creative, loving, praying, ranching Mama and wife...who is thankful for it all to her gracious Savior!

If I knew I could, I would...I would say I know I can and I will...



7 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Telling those I care about the things that hurt...if I knew I could I would do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughts - I especially love the line "I'd find a way to press in some yellow flowers from my sweet boy." Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh yes . . . be the prayerful Mama - - - me too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can AND you WILL! With Joy, Carey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so full of meaning...and what we all so desperately want. How I pray and ask daily to be a good mamma. It's a matter of constant prayer for wisdom!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so heartfelt I feel like I've met you :) Love love those sweet yellow flowers, and YES to laughing wildly - and often! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh figuring out the parts in a novel! i hear you on that one! praying for words to flow =)

    ReplyDelete